The Southern California intense treatment device (ICU) mattress potential has dropped under 15%, and the state will require San Diego County to implement a Regional Stay Dwelling Order that prohibits gatherings of any dimensions and closes operations in numerous sectors, such as places to eat, bars, wineries and personal services.
The present-day ICU potential for the Southern California location, which consists of San Diego and 10 other counties, is now 12.5%. The purchase will go into influence Monday and will final for at least a few months or right up until the region’s ICU ability satisfies or exceeds 15%. The order will be assessed by the condition on a weekly basis just after the a few-7 days period of time.
“Lives are at stake, so this action is required,” said Eric McDonald, M.D., M.P.H., professional medical director of Epidemiology and Immunization Services at the County Wellness and Human Companies Agency. “We need to prohibit our functions and avoid speak to with other folks to minimize transmissions of COVID-19.”
Amongst constraints that go beyond the latest Purple Tier that by now apply to San Diego:
- No gatherings of any sizing.
- Places to eat open for takeout, supply or drive-via only. No on-site eating.
- Indoor operations restricted to 20%.
- Resorts and lodging. Open only for vital infrastructure assist.
The subsequent will be closed from functioning in any type, indoors or outdoor:
- Indoor or outdoor playgrounds
- Hair salons and barbershops
- Own treatment services, like nail salons
- Museums, zoos and aquariums
- Motion picture theaters
- Cardrooms and satellite wagering
- Overnight stays at campgrounds
Essential organizations such as supermarkets, grocery retailers, laundromats and pharmacies will remain open up.
Parks, seashores and hiking and bike trails continue to be open up. Other outdoor actions are also permitted but a encounter mask and social distancing is demanded.
Document Quantity of COVID-19 Situations Reported
A complete of 2,287 COVID-19 confirmed instances were being reported Dec. 4, surpassing the record 2,039 situations claimed the prior day. The region’s complete is now 90,468.
“These high numbers are possible the end result of the cooler weather and enhanced social interactions, notably all through the Thanksgiving holiday getaway,” McDonald reported. “We’re seeing new every day conditions documented in the 2,000s. We can not let this trend turn out to be the new normal.”
McDonald urged San Diegans with COVID-19 indicators and these who traveled or attended Thanksgiving gatherings to get examined straight away to avert from spreading the virus to other folks.
The County operates extra than 50 screening web sites in the course of the region. All COVID-19 exams are cost-free and most of the sites do not need an appointment.
For additional information and facts on screening, stop by 211sandiego.org or phone 2-1-1.
Local community Setting Outbreaks:
- 15 new group outbreaks were verified on Dec. 4: six in business options, 3 in daycare/preschool/childcare options, a single in a cafe/bar setting, 1 in a health/fitness center placing, a person in a hotel/resort/spa, a person in a authorities location, 1 in a wellbeing care setting and 1 in a distribution warehouse setting.
- In the previous 7 days (Nov. 28 as a result of Dec. 4), 92 group outbreaks were being confirmed.
- The quantity of local community outbreaks stays earlier mentioned the trigger of seven or more in 7 times.
- A local community environment outbreak is defined as a few or more COVID-19 instances in a location and in folks of various homes over the previous 14 times.
- 24,159 checks were described to the County on Dec. 4, and the percentage of new laboratory-verified instances was 9%.
- The 14-day rolling regular share of optimistic scenarios is 7%. Target is less than 8.%.
- The 7-working day, day-to-day common of exams is 20,299.
- Persons with and without having symptoms who are at better danger for COVID-19 ought to be analyzed. Wellbeing care and vital personnel should really also get a examination, as effectively as people today who have had near get in touch with to a optimistic circumstance or live in communities that are becoming extremely impacted. These a short while ago returned from travel, or who participated in holiday break gatherings, are also urged to get examined.
- 4,836 or 5.3% of all circumstances have expected hospitalization.
- 1,065 or 1.2% of all cases and 22% of hospitalized instances experienced to be admitted to an intense treatment device.
- A COVID-19 scenario price map demonstrates how nearby cities and communities are being impacted by the virus.
- 8 new fatalities had been documented to the County on Dec. 4. The region’s overall is now 1,055.
- 6 gentlemen and a single woman died involving Nov. 16 and Dec. 4, and their ages ranged from early 50s to early 90s.
- All experienced fundamental clinical ailments.
The more detailed data summaries located on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com internet site are up to date all-around 5 p.m. each day.