JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – You’re not meant to toss harmful squander in with the weekly rubbish, so how do you get rid of it safely?
Jacksonville has a harmful squander facility at 2675 Commonwealth Avenue which is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
It disposes of hazardous squander, appliances, and massive electronics. But not all people can make it down to the facility.
So the metropolis is internet hosting 12 mobile collection functions at locations all over Jacksonville this 12 months. The initially will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 9 at 9A/Baymeadows Regional Park at 8000 Baymeadows Road East.
For a entire list of the other mobile assortment dates and places, click on in this article.
Sorts of hazardous house waste that could be introduced to the city’s facility or mobile assortment events include things like:
- Pesticides, pool chemical compounds, or any other type of chemical compounds or acids
- Vehicle pieces, scrap steel, antifreeze, motor oil or made use of oil filters
- Gas, propane, kerosene or diesel fuel/tanks
- Fireworks, flares, fireplace extinguishers, gun powder or ammunition
- Drain cleaners, paint, varnish, shellac, thinners or strippers
- Thermometers or thermostats
- Vehicle batteries or rechargable batteries
- Photographic chemicals
- Aerosol cans
- Fluorescent or Compact Flourescent (CFL) lights/tubes/bulbs
- Disposing paint/motor oil limits are 27 gallons of paint and/or 27 gallons of motor oil in a 30 working day interval for each Duval County Resident.
- Citizens are inspired to use a mobile collection party or the Domestic Hazardous Squander Facility for the recycling of electronic waste.
Types of e-squander which may be brought to the HHW Facility or mobile collection functions contain:
- Laptop monitors*
- Laptop or computer terminals
- Stereo machines
- Desk and cell telephones
- Energy resources
- Little kitchen appliances (i.e. microwaves, toaster ovens)
- Overall health and elegance appliances
These e-squander merchandise will be gathered as element of standard rubbish selection service if still left at the suppress. Nevertheless, as soon as these items enter the squander stream with standard garbage they can’t be recycled and are disposed of in the landfill. These products are only gathered from residences. Organizations should really check for available recycling centers to prepare for the recycling and/or disposal of any e-wastes.
For a lot more details, click on here.
To request assortment service or report a trouble with selection, make sure you connect with (904) 630-City (2489) or pay a visit to the MyJax on the internet shopper provider site at myjax.custhelp.com.
Copyright 2021 by WJXT News4Jax – All rights reserved.